Barley Flour New YOrk Style Cheesecake
THe secret in this cheesecake is a smooth, nutty filling courtesy of a swirl of barley flour! (Recipe from Tracey Porreca)
4 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup Alaska Flour Company barley flour
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 package (8-9 wafers) of graham crackers, crushed
1/2 cup butter
1. Set out cream cheese to soften to room temperature. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place graham cracker crumbs in small mixing bowl. Melt butter on stove top or in microwave and pour over graham crackers. Stir with spoon until all cracker crumbs are coated with butter.
2. Spray the inside of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan with cooking spray. Add buttered crumbs and with a spoon or your fingers, pressing down to form a crust on the bottom.
3. Using a mixer and large bowl, add ingredients in the order given, making sure to beat very well after each ingredient is added. Pour batter into springform pan on top of graham cracker crust. Lightly smooth the top of the batter out with a spoon.
4. Place on center rack in oven and bake for 1 hour 45 minutes. Top will be light brown with some cracks and knife in center will come out clean.
5. Cool at room temperature and then refrigerate. Serve chilled with berries, chocolate or other desired toppings.