Blueberry Maple Coffee Cake
2 c. Alaska Flour Company barley flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 large egg
1 c. milk
2 tsp. maple flavoring
¾ c. granulated sugar
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
1 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. maple flavoring
1, 9x13 pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13x2 inch pan with non-stick spray.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix the melted butter large egg, and maple flavor together. Add the sugar and stir well.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
5. Spread half of the batter in pan. Sprinkle half of the berries over the batter.
6. Spread the remaining batter over the berries and then sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top.
7. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. To make the glaze, mix the sugar, milk, butter, and flavoring until smooth. Drizzle the glaze on the warm cake.