Grandma's Extra Moist Barley Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups ripe bananas
2 Tbsp. sour milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. banana extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups Alaska Flour Company barley flour
3/4 cups walnuts or mini cinnamon or chocolate chips
2 medium-sized regular loaves or 3 small loaves.
1. Cream butter and sugars together.
2. Mash bananas and add bananas and eggs to sugar mixture.
3. Mix in banana extract, sour milk, and vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together.
4. Add dry mixture to wet. Fold in walnuts or chocolate chips if desired.
5. Grease loaf pans. Pour mixture into pans, being careful not to overfill. (Fill approximately 2/3 of way up sides of pans.) Bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes. Toothpick test for doneness.