World's Fluffiest Barley Pancakes
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups barley flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
dash of salt
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 dozen pancakes
1. Mix buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and sugar together.
2. In another bowl, mix barley flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl, whip egg and lemon juice together.
4. With a large mixing spoon, gently blend buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture. Stir only until ingredients are blended. Then, fold in the egg/lemon juice mixture.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Grease griddle and cook pancakes on each side until golden brown. Add mini chocolate chips or blueberries to the batter if desired.